Small Enterprises (SE) & Medium Enterprises (ME)
Small Enterprises (SE) & Medium Enterprises (ME) play a very important role in the economic growth of any country. This has been proven worldwide that 85% contribution in economic growth and employment generation is made by both sectors. Realizing its importance, BOK has established a full fledge separate department to meet their financial requirements.
A small enterprises (SE) will be a proprietor or a partnership concerns which meets the following parameters, as per SBP PR, are as follows:
- Number of Employees upto 50.
- Annual Sales Turnover upto Rs.150 Million.
Medium Enterprises (ME) means an entity, ideally not a public limited company which meets the following parameters, as per new SBP PR, are as follows:
- Number of Employees from 51 to 250 (Manufacturing & Services MEs).
- Number of Employees from 51 to 100 (Trading MEs).
- Annual Sales Turnover upto Rs.800 Million.