Deposits in Sahara Saving Accounts in BOK Islamic Banking are accepted on Musharaka basis strictly in conformity with the principles of Islamic Shariah. The deposits received in Sahara Saving Accounts are invested in Islamic assets like Murabaha, Ijarah, Diminishing Musharaka or Islamic Sukuks etc which are duly approved by Shariah Board. The profit is calculated on average daily balance and disbursed to customers’ account on monthly basis. The Sahara Saving Accounts opening facility is available in all BOK Islamic Branches as well as Islamic Banking Windows at Conventional Branches of BOK.
Key Features of Sahara Saving Account:
- Only Pensioners are eligible for Sahara Saving Account
- Initial Deposit PKR. 100/-
- Profit share is higher than Raast Saving Account share
- Profit Payment on monthly Basis.
- Profit Calculation on average Daily Balance.
- Free On-Line deposit/withdrawal.
- Free Account Statement (once in a month) on request.
- No charges for Closing of Account.
- No minimum Balance requirement.
- ATM/Debit Card Facility available